Thursday, June 12, 2008

Eat food, mostly plants, not too much

Yes, I'm reading Michael Pollen’s In Defense of Food (just like everyone else and their brother). My opinion so far? It's repetitive and full of common sense "revelations" I'm pretty sure I didn't need Mr. Pollen to explain. I haven't quite figured what all the fuss is about, but, then again, I'm only 1/2 way through. His message is a good one, though, for folks that haven't thought much about what passes their lips. But, I have to wonder, are those the folks reading Pollen’s manifesto? The more information out there the better, I suppose...so sing on Michael....you are the sweetheart of the choir. One question: Where can I get a refrigerator with an extra-large crisper drawer?



I managed to steal away some private gardening time yesterday. The sun was warm (but not searing), the breeze was a cool whisper, and the boys were at the lake soaking away their daycare germs and workday worries. It felt good to do some good work. Look...I have proof...


No comments: