Monday, May 10, 2010

Generation Rhubarb

Every year since my husband and I moved into our home, my parents have brought us cuttings and clippings and diggings from their yard. Many of which they received, rhizome-by-rhizome, stem-by-stem, and seed-by-seed from my grandparents, who received them in the same fashion from their parents. We have second generation vincas, sweet woodruff, foxgloves, lilies-of-the-valley, and black-eyed-Susans. We have third generation lilacs, chives, and giant dill. But, the rhubarb?

Our rhubarb has roots that extend back at least four generations, maybe more . . .

Want to read more? I'm posting a bit over at Organic Gardening magazine's blog. Come visit me Over the Fence!

1 comment:

Juliana Crespo said...

How wonderful! I hope my daughter will love to garden someday so that I may pass on cuttings and clippings from my yard.